FOLLOW ME

segunda-feira, 16 de agosto de 2010

Simple Present

Use
1) repeated actions
  • My friend often draws nice posters.
2) things in general
  • The sun rises in the East.
3) fixed arrangements, scheduled events
  • The plane flies to London every Monday.
4) actions in the present - one follows after the other
  • First I get up, then I have breakfast.
5) instructions
  • Open your books at page 34.
6) with special verbs
  • I understand English.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Signal words

every day, often, always, sometimes, never
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Form

infinitive (3rd person singular he, she, it: infinitive + -s)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Examples

Affirmative:
  • I read books. My brother reads books.  
  • We sing pop songs. She sings pop songs. 
  • I play handball. John plays handball.
Negative:
You must not negate a full verb in English. Always use the auxiliary do for negations.
  • I like computers / I don't like computers at all.
  • My friend likes computers / My mum doesn't like computers at all.
Questions:
Use the auxiliary do.
  • Do you play football? 
  • Does he play football?
_______________________________________
Practise:
_________________________________________

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário