FOLLOW ME

quarta-feira, 1 de setembro de 2010

SIMPLE PAST USE

USE
1) action finished in the past
  • I visited Berlin last week.
2) series of completed actions in the past
  • First I got up, then I had breakfast
3) together with the Past Progressive/Continuous - The Simple Past interrupted an action which was in progress in the past.
  • They were playing cards when the telephone rang.
______________________________________
SIGNAL WORDS
  • yesterday, last week, a month ago, in 2002
______________________________________
 FORM
  • with regular verbs: infinitive + -ed
  • with irregular verbs: 2nd column of the table of the irregular verbs
______________________________________
EXAMPLES
 1 - Affirmative:       regular verbs irregular verbs
  •  I played football. I went to the cinema.
  •  We visited Alaska last year.
  •  We were in Rome yesterday.
  2 - Negative:   You must not negate a full verb in English. Always use the auxiliary did (Simple Past of to do) for negations.
  •  I played football.
  •  I didn't play football.
  •  He didn't play football.
   3 - Questions:


 Use the auxiliary did (Simple Past of to do).
  • Did you play football?
  _____________________________________________________________________
Practise:
_______________________________________

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário